Monday, February 22, 2010

Being away from home

I still remember that day...I mean the day that I had to return to work after being home with Elizabeth for three months. It was a miserable day. I was nervious, sad and unhappy and I just wanted my day to go by quick so that I could go home and be with Elizabeth. Daddy was taking care of her and he was such a great stay at home dad. To make me feel at ease, he took a picture of a happy Elizabeth and sent it to me...it made my day to see how happy Elizabeth was with daddy.

Now, almost a year from that day, I am on my first business trip without her. I had actually been blessed with the opportunity to take Elizabeth with me on my previous two business trip but this time, we are staying in dorms and family is not allowed to stay overnight. So my heart broke once again, when yesterday, I had to say goodbye to Elizabeth and Jose and head to Florida all on my own. I have cried a few time already, specially yesterday when I spoke to them over Skype. Daddy is doing an awesome job though and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving husband. Today I called and they were playing outside, meeting our new neighbors and having dinner together.

I know that this is a great opportunity for them to grow in their dad and daughter relationship...and time to bond, and be silly and dance and play. It is also a time for me to grow, to learn to let go and know that Elizabeth and mom will be ok when duty calls. I am sure this wouldn't the last time we will have to say "see you soon"...I am sure there will be camping weekends, trips to see grandparents, high school trips to explore the nation and of course college. I am sure mom heart will break many times but it doesn't make it any easier when it happens. I do trust in the Lord and He is my rock, He conforts me and I know that He is looking over us.

I love you Elizabeth! I love you Jose! I miss you both dearly and I can't wait to see you both soon! Have fun together!

3 comments:

Daddy said...

We love you and you are the best mommy in whole wide world! We are surviving.. eating ice cream in the morning and pizza for dinner! :) just kidding.. really.. just kidding. :) See you soon! Mua!

Cary Martinez said...

awwww Ivonne! this break my heart too!! but Im glad you guys are ok! and I bet Jose is doing a great job!! Im proud of you Ivonne! I dont have kids just yet but I bet is really hard to left your son/daughter...have a productive business trip and hope to see you guys soon!

cariƱos,
Cary y Yamil :)

Edwin Droz Vega said...

Now that you are a parents ,you should know how nervious we were went you left to the girl scout camp when you was only 13 years at San Antonio Texas. Every time you left our house to go to the swiming camp , Preface experience , your first year at RPI .But where there are love the distance are not notice. But you survive and become a better person and you found yor love. What distance does is make our love growth bigger .

We love you so much

Papi and Mami