Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Being a mom



I am sure all moms think about this but not too many say it out loud. I think there tends to be this unwritten rule that mom aren't suppose to complain b/c well, we were born to be moms and somehow should know it all and be able to handle all...well, I will say it, being a mom is HARD! Although I have to say that Elizabeth is reasonable calm child. As long as she is feed, has slept well and has either Elmo or mom close by, she is pretty much content...but there are times when I totally understand why poor Kate plus 8 has an attitude problem...I am not sure how anyone could do this with 6 children the same age. This parenting thing is totally on-the-job training. Yeah, there are books and a seminar here or there but who can exactly explain to you that your child will not eat spaghetti today, even though two days ago it was perfectly fine. Or that if she doesn't want to walk around the neighborhood or ride on the bike, there is no way you are able to convince her otherwise. I think Jose and I are doing a decent job...we are sure trying our best at providing a God loving home were Elizabeth feels heard and stimulated but, oh boy, there are days when I have to pray to keep calm and cool. I am sure this is just the beginning...I still remember my poor mother stating that "This would be the last time she took us anywhere" and she still took us everywhere...and I still remember when we would knock on her door when she was in the bathroom, to ask when she was going to come out...now I know, she was just trying not only to go the bathroom but to take a moment to breath and recharge, for what was out the door. Thanks for being such a great example mom...I am not sure how you did it, but you are a great motivator.

Here are a few recent pictures of Elizabeth for your enjoyment...please note that in one of the pictures, she is actually talking to grandma on Jose's iPhone and eating cookies...only 21 months and already multi-tasking...too funny!



I took her to my office one day



On the iPhone and eating cookies



With her sunglasses!

Have a bless week and enjoy your Labor Day Weekend! Hugs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Help me to stay focus on my PhD. :)
Muy gracioso. You guys are doing a great job, that's for sure. Nilca