It was 8:30am and believe it or not I decided to take a shower. In the meantime, I am trying to practice my Hypnobabies techniques and stay calm and breath peace with each contraction. After I took a quick shower, I told Jose this was definitely it!! the baby was on his way. Since I was already 4 cm dilated for more than a week...we were told to be sure to time the contractions and head to the hospital as soon as they lasted for a 1 minute every 3 to 4 minutes. I also remember telling Jose that now that I was having contractions, I wasn't quite sure why I had agreed to do this AGAIN! :-P meaning having another child, since during my last natural birth I had told him - "Never again!"
Jose immediately told my mom that I was in "labor" and we called Nana. Unfortunately my contractions were coming so quick, we couldn't wait for Nana, so off Jose and I to the hospital and hopefully we could get my mom there some how.
I was admitted to the hospital at 10:00 am and I was in PAIN - I tried standing, sitting, squatting and I was still in PAIN. I wanted a natural birth - bc I recuperated to fast after I had Elizabeth, I knew it would be worth it - but at the time I was actually having the contractions, I wasn't so sure I had made the right choice. Luckily, Joaquin wanted to come out as quickly as I wanted him to be born bc by around 11:00 am I was 8 cm dilated. At that point I ask my labor nurse if she could please help me out and give me something through the IV...she did but I am almost sure it was a placibo bc I could still feel the same PAIN I felt before she gave me the shot.
I think I had about four pushing sessions and at 12:02 pm Joaquin was born. Praise the Lord I was in labor for 3 1/2 hours only!!
Mom actually took a taxi to the hospital and joined us for the birth...which was great bc she was able to help me keep "calm" and cheered for me as I was pushing. She has witness both of my children's birth and I consider it a beautiful gift to share these experiences with my mom.
Jose was also a champ...letting me hold his hand until I am sure it went numb. He was encouraging me and trying his best to keep me as comfortable as possible.
Joaquin was 7 lbs and 14 oz as birth and 20.5 inches long. We absolutely adore him!!
Unfortunately, he was taken to the NICU shortly after birth and has had quite a journey since. Both Joaquin and his parents have had two very challenging weeks but I will let Jose tell you more about the beginning of that journey. For now, enjoy some of the pics of the little one when he first made it out of his mom's womb.
God bless!
With love,
Ivonne

No comments:
Post a Comment