Our family was extremely happy because Edwin, Kalynn and Valentina were coming to visit us and spending a week in CA. Elizabeth could not wait. She asked everyday for a week, if today Tio, Titi and Valentina were coming. Oh what a joy when they were finally here. We had so much fun together. It was a delight to see my niece and my daughter together, playing, laughing and running around the house (well, Valentina tries to run).
Unfortunately, mid-way through their trip, we got one of those midnight phone call you never want to get. You know, the kind that when you see who is calling you, you just know it's not good news. Well, this phone call was from my dad and he called because my dear uncle Arthur had passed away. My heart sank and for an instance as I reflected on what this meant. It is hard to take the passing of those we love so dearly. Those that we look forward to seeing every time we go home. Those that bring us joy and that support us unconditionally. I felt sadness for my mom, for his wife, for his son. The good news is that since I know that my uncle was a believer and won many for Christ, I knew he was happy to me with Jesus. I knew he was rejoicing and praising our Lord and Savior. Even more exciting was the fact that he was know with his mom and other son. Happiness over came my sorrow.
Edwin and his family stayed for a few more days and we enjoyed the company of each other. We laughed and cried and laughed some more. It always amazes me that God know exactly what we need and for my uncles passing, He knew Edwin and I would need each other.
Baby V is adorable. I miss her so much and I look forward to spending more time with her next year. Come back soon Edwin, Kalynn and Valentina. We love you and miss you!
Here are some of my favorite pictures. Some of them were take by Edwin. Enjoy and God Bless!

No comments:
Post a Comment