I can't believe it has been this long...wow, where did time go? I guess the more active Elizabeth has gotten, the less time I have to sit at a computer and type our family stories.
First I shoud start off by saying that we are doing well. We just said "Hasta Luego" to abuela Cuca who spent a month with us. It is always fun and yummy to have abuela over. She pampers us with delicious Cafe con Leche, pastries, authentic PR rice and much more. In addition to that, the gives us lots of love, teaches Elizabeth more Spanish and decorated our garden with beautiful flowers she helped buy and plant.
Thanks Mom! We miss you already and we look forward to having you over soon!
Second, Jose and I have been quite busy getting involved in a non-profit organization called KidSave. KidSave helps older foster kids meet host families via month events. Once a match is made between a host family and a child, the host family will host the child at least twice a month for a minimum of four months with the hopes to find a loving family for him or her. We are really happy to be participating in KidSave. So far we have been to two events and we have met some wonder kids. These are kids that the State has already decided that they can't go back home, so unless they find a caring adult or an adoptive family, they are basically on their own. We recently helped organize an Orientation for KidSave at our church and we are praying that God will touch other families hearts so that they help with KidSave as well.
Ok, I better going. Will write more often, I promise. I will also post some pictures soon. Have a blessed week! Hugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment