
Hello everyone! For the last couple of days I have found myself back to my creative cooking self and have cooked up some yummy recipes that have been waiting in my "recipes I definitely need to do" folder. I wanted to share them with you b/c if you are like me, I hate cooking the same thing over and over. I tend to always be looking for new things to serve for dinner.
The first dish was one that happened by accident. What I mean is that last week, we had yet to go grocery shopping...so here I was, staring at the empty refrigerator thinking - "what in the world am I going to cook today?" (See, Elizabeth had just fallen asleep, so I couldn't go the store!) Anyways, I remembered that sometimes at restaurants they serve pasta with butter/garlic sauce (and I have both ingredients) so a quick google search and I found the easiest pasta recipe ever:
4 tbsp butter, 8 sage leaves (we have a plant in our yard), half a lemon and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Hurray!! I had all four ingredients, oh and of course the pasta. I added a can of sweet peas and some chicken breast and 30 minutes later dinner was served! We are definitely keeping this recipe handy.
The other new recipe I tried was sort of an "egg, cheese and spinach pie"...believe me, it was delicious! Almost like a quiche. I served it with some caramelized carrots, which Elizabeth loved (it's bonus when Elizabeth eats her vegetables) and again, dinner was served.
My next cooking adventure will be banana/nut muffins and corn/butternut squash muffins...I will let you know how that goes.
Since I know that you mostly visit the blog to see pictures of Elizabeth, I don't want to leave you with Elizabeth withdrawal, so here you go...enjoy! I took them from my brother, who took these during our trip to PR and I just loved them. Look at Elizabeth's face, it's too funny!

Love you Tio Edwin and Titi Kalynn...we were so happy to spend time with you!
1 comment:
Ok i will tell your mom , to start cooking others thing besides rices jajajajajajajajaj
Post a Comment