Thursday, May 14, 2009

When it's time to say "Hasta Luego"


So it didn't really hit me until Tuesday afternoon, when I got home from work and my mom was no longer there b/c she had left earlier back to PR. It was just Elizabeth and me (Jose was still at work). I sobbed for quite a while, even though I know we will see her sooner than we think. I got so use to being greeted by her sweet smile and energetic presence. I feel blessed that my mom was able spend the last six weeks with us. I know that it was quite a challenge for her to be away from dad for so long and to take care of a 5 month old. I know how special it is to be raised around grandparent (I grew up with two of them) and for Elizabeth to start her life with the warmth and the love of her grandma was precious to me. I know that mom enjoyed seeing Elizabeth grow too...she was able to watch as Elizabeth learned to put her foot in her mouth, eat her first solids, got her vaccines, rolled from tummy to back and back to tummy, is learning to sit on her own and shows signs of a very curious little girl.

Words can't express how grateful I am for the opportunity to have her around. Thank you mom for being such an awesome grandmother, for taking care of Elizabeth while I work and for letting her sleep on you chest every day. Thank you for all the yummy food, delicious coffee, helping us paint the house, run errands, clean and water our plants. How are we going to live without you around?!?! Not quite sure but I guess we will have to just grow up. We miss you already and can't wait to have you around us to hug us and bless us with your love and care again.
Love you!
Elizabeth practicing her sitting skills


Mother's Day at the Huntington Library

2 comments:

Danaly said...

Wow, your Mom is awesome!! I can not believe she was there for so long (again)!

Elizabeth looks so cute and big, wow!!!

Nacho said...

Nena esto me hizo llorar....jajaja Es que no hay nadie como la mama de uno para saber exactamente que hacer...especialmente con los nietos. Me pongo "emotional" porque yo no tengo a mami cerca y aunque estuvo aqui hace unas semanas se extrañan demasiado....

Love,

Vianni